This is the third, updated version of 'World list of cetrarioid lichens'. Previous digital version is available at:
The list presently contains 572 names representing 149 accepted species. The names can be listed in alphabetical order, followed by the authors' abbreviations. For synonyms the accepted name is indicated as well (≡ homotypic synonym, = heterotypic synonym). Thereafter citation information is presented. Type information is added for the most of names.
This version is presented in a
new form, based on a FileMaker powered database, and allows to view data in different sets.
Search is possible by the following characters:
(1) Current status
- Accepted name
- Synonym (hetero- or homotypic)
(2) Phylogenetic status of accepted species:
- Belongs to the cetrarioid core (according
to Thell et al. 2009), present generic position is in accordance with the phylogenetic studies
- Belongs to the cetrarioid core, present generic position is
not strictly in accordance with the phylogenetic studies
- Belongs to the cetrarioid core, present generic position has not been tested by molecular
(3) Type category
(4) Type locality
(5) Genus and/or epithet
Suggested citation for this web site: Randlane, T., Saag, A., Thell, A. & Ahti, T. 2013. Third world list of cetrarioid lichens. Ver.
January 20, 2013. - http://esamba.bo.bg.ut.ee/checklist/